Booking Terms & Conditions
- Steading 5, Balvatin Cottages is fitted and furnished for a maximum of 4 adults plus one infant.
- Bookings made via our online system remain provisional until confirmed by us and once a non-refundable deposit of £100 is paid within 7 days of making the booking. We aim to respond to your booking request within 24 hours.
- The balance of your holiday rental payment is due 6 weeks before your holiday arrival date. The owners reserve the right to cancel the booking and re-let the property if the full payment is not received 6 weeks before the beginning of the rental period.
- If your booking is made within 6 weeks of your arrival date, the full cost is due at the time of booking.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking for short breaks.
- You undertake to use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering holiday accommodation and to accept the owner's right to refuse entry to the property any person considered unsuitable to take charge.
Arrivals and Departures
- Your holiday cottage will be available from 4pm on the day of arrival.
- Please vacate the property by 9.30am on your departure day to allow the cottage to be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and prepared for the next guests.
Cancellation of bookings
- For bookings taken for the period 1st April to 31st July, we undertake to refund booking payments in full and where possible to be flexible with rearranging holiday dates if this is your preferred option.
- We advise you to take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance when booking, in the event you need to cancel your holiday or rearrange your plans for any other reason once the current holiday restrictions are fully lifted.
- After 31st July 2020, if you cancel your holiday more than 4 weeks before your arrival date, we will retain the full deposit unless we can re-let the cottage or we will move your holiday booking to a mutually convenient date and use the deposit to secure this new date.
- After 1st August 2020, if you cancel your holiday less than 4 weeks before your arrival date, we’ll make every effort to re-let the cottage but will retain the payments made unless booking restrictions are once more in place.
- If the cottage is re-let, we will retain £25 administration fee and refund the remainder of your balance to you.
- If the property should become unavailable or unsuitable for letting subsequent to your booking through any cause, the owner's liability shall be limited to the amount of any rent paid already.
Cottage and contents
- Electricity, Wi-Fi, bed linen and towels are included in the holiday rental price.
- During your stay you are fully responsible and liable for the cottage and its contents. Please take all reasonable care of the property and leave its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Please notify us of any accidental damages or breakages so we can arrange for repair or replacement. A charge may be made depending on the item(s) damaged or lost.
- During your stay we request that your regularly air the property and use the cleaning products provided to ensure the health of yourselves and our housekeeping staff.
- All personal belongings are ‘at your own risk’.
- Until the Coronavirus outbreak has been fully contained we ask that you strip the beds before leaving and place all bed linen, tea towels and towels in the laundry bag provided.
- Please use the dishwasher to ensure that cutlery and crockery is thoroughly cleaned to prevent possible bacteria or virus transmission.
- The owners shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or mishap to persons or property whilst on or using the premises, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- You undertake to allow the owners or their agents access to the property at all reasonable times to carry out essential maintenance or if there is an emergency.
Please note that Steading 5 is a strictly non-smoking property.
Pets are not generally permitted unless permission has been granted by the owner.
Privacy & Data Policy
We treat our guests privacy and personal data with the utmost respect, to find out more about our Privacy & Data Policy, please visit here
Our guests may be interested in our Accessibility Statement which includes a range of information about what you can expect when you visit.
Please click here to review our Accessibility Statement