Booking Terms & Conditions
- Steading 5, Balvatin Cottages is fitted and furnished for a maximum of 4 adults plus one infant.
- Bookings made via our online system remain provisional until confirmed by us. We aim to respond to your booking request within 24 hours.
- Your provisional booking is confirmed by paying a non-refundable deposit of £100 within 7 days of booking.
- The balance of your holiday rental payment is due 6 weeks before your holiday arrival date. The owners reserve the right to cancel the booking and re-let the property if full payment is not received 6 weeks before the beginning of the rental period.
- If your booking is made within 6 weeks of your arrival date, the full cost is due at the time of booking.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking for short breaks.
- You undertake to use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering holiday accommodation and to accept the owner's right to refuse entry to the property any person considered unsuitable to take charge.
Arrivals and Departures
- Your holiday cottage will be available from 3pm on the day of arrival.
- Please vacate the property by 10am on your departure day to allow Steading 5 to be prepared for the next guests.
- We advise that you to take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance when booking, just in case you need to cancel your holiday.
- If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before your arrival date, we will retain the non- refundable deposit of £100.
- If you cancel your holiday less than 6 weeks before your arrival date, we’ll make every effort to re-let the cottage. If we are unable to re-let the cottage, you will be required to pay the full rental price.
- If the cottage is re-let, we will retain £25 administration fee and refund the remainder of your balance to you.
- If the property should become unavailable or unsuitable for letting subsequent to booking through any cause, the owner's liability shall be limited to the amount of any rent paid.
Cottage and contents
- Electricity, Wi-Fi, bed linen and towel hire is included in the holiday rental price.
- If your holiday is longer than one week, clean bed linen and fresh towels are provided if required.
- During your stay you are fully responsible and liable for the cottage and its contents. Please take all reasonable care of the property and leave its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Please notify us of any accidental damages or breakages so can arrange for repair or replacement. A charge may be made depending on the item damaged or lost.
- All personal belongings are ‘at your own risk’.
- The owners shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or mishap to persons or property whilst on or using the premises, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- You undertake to allow the owners or their agents access to the property at all reasonable times to carry out essential maintenance or if there is an emergency.
Please note that Steading 5 is a strictly non-smoking property.
Pets are not generally permitted.
Privacy & Data Policy
We treat our guests privacy and personal data with the utmost respect, to find out more about our Privacy & Data Policy, please visit here
Our guests may be interested in our Accessibility Statement which includes a range of information about what you can expect when you visit.
Please click here to review our Accessibility Statement