Information Regarding Amenities, Accessibility and Green Tourism
- Newly refitted kitchen (September 2020) with new quality appliances - ceramic hob, electric cooker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. Kitchen has been updated to ensure energy efficiency and convenient food storage.
- Refridgerator has a small freezer compartment
- Steading 5 has sufficient cutlery and crockery to allow you to use the wonderful local produce to make memorable meals
- The thermostatically controlled storage heaters downstairs are on a timer ensuring a warm and cosy temperature year round.
- The bedrooms and bathroom have convector heaters which allow you to manage bedroom and bathroom temperatures.
- Comfortable beds made up for your arrival with duvets and additional blankets for the colder months of the year.
- Towels (1 bath and 1 hand towel per guest) are provided for your use.
- A hairdryer is provided for your use.
- Free WiFi internet access
- A digital guest information guide will be emailed to you before your arrival providing information to amenties and attractions in the local area.
- Walking guides and maps to the local area are provided
- Television with freeview channels is provided in the lounge area.
- A welcome pack of tea, coffee and a miniature of locally produced Stags Breath whisky liqueur and shortbread await you on your arrival.
- Local guides, maps, walking guides and traditional board games
- Selection of fiction and non fiction books are provided for you to enjoy
- Cot and highchair are available for our younger guests. Please contact us before you arrive if you require these items.
You may be interested in our Accessibility Statement which includes a range of information about what you can expect when you visit.
Please click here to review our Accessibility Statement
Green Tourism Policy
To demonstrate our belief in sustainability and protecting the local environment, Steading 5 has been assessed under the Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS). The GTBS is a national sustainable tourism certification scheme to assist guests in choosing more green toursim holiday options. We aim to constantly review our impact on this beautiful area by using energy efficient appliances and encourage our guests to recycle as much as possible. We provide extensive guides to the local area so allow you to leave the car and enjoy the local area. You will also see guides to local wildlife - red squirrels live in our garden and the deer are never far away.
We urge you to reduce your footprint on the area by recycling any waste and reducing single use plastics; to help with this we provide reusable food containers and picnic utensils.
Please click here to review our Green Tourism Policy
Our nearest public electric vehicle charging points are Gynack Road car park in Kingussie ( 3 miles) and the Laggan Wolftrax car park ( 6 miles). Further information is available on https://chargeplacesscotland.org. We would love to provide this facility but not yet feasible.